Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Mind of A Suicide Bomber

THE MIND OF A SUICIDE BOMBER

Somewhere
close to the top
of the skyscraper
Deep
inside the cathedral
of Mammon
I lie in ambush
with weapons
of mass destruction
strapped
to my puny chest.

Like Lucifer
I once radiated light
And as in Lucifer
the light got dimmed
marking
my fall from grace
And now
I'm like a marked beast
My skin plus
my religion
a well-matched couple
whose nuptial knots
have been tied
by the horned priest.

Lately
I have been reliving
and relishing
the prospect
of lying
on green cushions
and beautiful carpets
with
seventy two virgins
rolling in the hay
and sipping
heavenly hennessy.

And now
the bell invites me
Right before I strike
dear God
all I'm asking
remember this face
Save me a place
in paradise
My skin is
my sin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Announce